Halloween message from An Garda Síochána, Tramore
Sargent Mark Mills, of Tramore An Garda Síochána was recently in studio with us to talk about the spate of burglaries that have taken place around Tramore over the last few weeks. While in studio Sgt Mills also outlined the laws surrounding Fireworks and safety tips for parents over Halloween.
Be considerate of others:
- Keep noise to a minimum, including music and large gatherings, both in your residence & out in the street. Be a respectful neighbour.
- Be respectful of not only your own property but your neighbour’s property as well.
- If you are under 18 years of age please refrain from drinking alcohol. It is illegal to drink alcohol in a public place in Tramore, regardless of your age.
- It is an offence for a person to purchase alcohol for consumption by a person younger than 18 years of age.
Canons Field is Church property. Trespassers will be prosecuted.
- Parents need to accompany young children while they are trick or treating.
- Note that the Road Safety Authority advises that no child under the age 12 years should be allowed cross the road or cycle on the road without adult supervision.
- Consider ‘trick-or-treating’ in a group and staying together.
- Don’t forget to: stop, look, listen and look again before crossing the road.
- The evenings are dark this time of year – make sure that motorists can see you clearly:
- Both adults and children should wear high-vis vests when out trick or treating – remember children can easily remove their vest when they arrive at each house and slip it back on again before moving onto the next one.
- Adults and children should also carry a torch.
- Stay on footpaths and driveways.
- Stay off lawns and gardens.
- Avoid poorly lit areas.
Above all have a Happy & Safe Halloween!