Submissions Invited On Proposed Tramore Public Realm Works
Waterford City & County Council are inviting submissions on the proposed public realm works for Tramore Town Centre.
The long term aim is to provide a vibrant town centre whilst creating strong links to the promenade and other areas of interest in Tramore. The plan has many aspects, the main points of which are summarised below.
New Traffic Plan
- Strand Street will be one way from the Turkey Road intersection up to Main Street.
- Queen Street & Patrick Street will remain one way.
- Main Street will be one way.
- Little Market Street will be one way.
- Broad Street will be one way. Access to Strand Street Terrace will be maintained.
- A new 2 way vehicular ramp will link a parking area to the north of the library with the existing supermarket area which will include a new parking area behind the library to the west and a new entrance to the Garda Station.
- Parking will be reorganised on Lower Main Street.
Lower Main Street
- A new focal point for the town centre will be designed at Lower Main Street where it intersects with Queen Street.
- Wider footpaths will facilitate outdoor seating
- Shared surface will prioritize pedestrians but facilitate vehicular access
- The existing steep gradient will be utilized to provide mini performance areas, external seating and a base for street sculpture.
- Quality stone paving and pattern will evoke in a subtle way beach and wave like imagery.
- Services will run underground, reducing clutter and overhead wires.
- A new car park to the side and rear of the library is proposed.
- A new road will link both car parks with the supermarket parking above off Priest’s Road.
- Disabled parking spaces will be provided close to the library entrance.
- The stone walls of the old Market Yard will be maintained.
- A new entrance to the Garda Station will be provided.
- There will be new LED lighting throughout and durable surface finishes.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and development of the area, may be made in writing to the Director of Services, Waterford City & County, Economic Development & Planning Services Department, c/o Mr. R. Maddock, No 35, The Mall, Waterford, to be received on or before 4:00p.m. on Monday, 19th of February, 2018 and should be clearly marked; Proposed Tramore Town Centre Public Realm Works.
Full details can be found here.