Tramore Railway Station Successfully purchased
Waterford City & County Council, have announced that they have successfully purchased the former railway station building in Tramore.
The Station commenced operation in 1853, and operated until the removal of the train service to Tramore in 1961. Of recent years,,the building has fallen into neglect and ruin, and eventually became part of N.A.M.A’s portfolio. This acquisition by the local authority marks the first steps in bringing the historic building back to life.
Although, as of yet, there is no set plan in place, the council have had submissions regarding proposed uses for the building, & the onus is now on the council to contemplate these, with a view to seeing the building, not only brought back to life, but put to the best use for the local community, & the town as a whole
Image Courtesy of homethoughtsfromabroad626